During a recent CE webinar a client commented, when asked what will prevent the construction industry achieving the Roadmap to Recovery, that the industry knows the word ‘collaboration’ but not the behaviours required to deliver it. If the UK construction industry is to make the culture change we all seek it is imperative we give our people the tools to do it.
As Dame Judith Hackitt commented in her recent review of the Grenfell tragedy:
‘We need to maintain the spirit of collaboration and partnership which has been a feature of the review process to date. In a sector that is excessively fragmented we have during this review a will to work together to deliver consistent solutions. This will be especially important going forward to change culture.’
The construction sector has of course been here before over the past years but now is the time build on the collaboration built during the COVID-19 lockdowns.
To support this change, Constructing Excellence Midlands are launching a ‘Diploma in Smart Collaboration’, which includes:
- One interactive half day module delivered over Zoom each month for 12 months commencing September 2021;
- 12 modules covering key industry drivers aligned to the Construction Playbook;
- Interactive sessions supplemented by homework and background reading
- Minimum of 10 hours per module;
- Equips delegates with understanding, tools and techniques that can immediately be applied to the “day job”.
For more information and to reserve your place, please follow this link to the full course prospectus.
Places are limited with only a few now remaining to start this September, so please don’t delay in joining delegates from SCAPE, Rider Levett Bucknall, Stepnell and others embarking on this game changing diploma.