Date:Thursday 30 March
Time:18:00 for a 18:30 start - 20:00
Venue:The View, Worcestershire County Cricket Club, New Road, Worcester, WR2 4QQ
Cost:£10.00 for non-members
Green Technologies: Selecting the right technology for the right application
Rachel Dibben BSc and Solar PV Design Engineer at Perfect Green will be discussing the range of green technologies available and how to choose what works for you, including:
- Why install renewable energy technologies?
- How to choose the right technology for the right application
- Legislation and incentives
- Case studies
Rachel Dibben has a Renewable Energy Bsc degree from the University of Exeter, and she has worked in both sales and technical roles for a number of suppliers and installers of renewable energy including solar PV, solar thermal, air source and ground source heat pumps, biomass and CHP.
Building Regulations “Approved Documents” Updates
Jim Goddard, Business Development Manager at Approved Design discusses building regulations updates, including:
- Government scraps zero carbon homes and other buildings.
- Local requirements for thermal efficiency of buildings.
- The way forward for Part L and thermal efficiency of buildings.
- Changes to and new Approved Documents, Parts M, G, H, Q and the new Part R.
- The introduction of The Ecodesign for Energy-Related Products and Energy Information Regulations 2015 for ventilation units.
- Changes to Competent Persons Scheme.
Jim Goddard is the Business Development Manager for Approved Design Consultancy one of the first Approved Inspectors to receive a licence to act in the capacity of a Building Control Body. Jim has been in the Building Control industry for over 42 years and in that time has collected a wealth of knowledge in Building Regulations legislation and technical knowledge of the Approved Documents and their application to small, large commercial/residential projects including custodial sites.
Jim provides Building Regulations compliance talks around the country to Approved Design clients, professional institutions and also for the Construction Study Centre, a national construction and professionals training organisation.